You are not here in this world by accident; you are here by divine appointment. You are destined for success and there are seeds of greatness and success inside of each of you. “It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you.” ~ Oprah Winfrey Do …
You are not here in this world by accident; you are here by divine appointment. You are destined for success and there are seeds of greatness and success inside of each of you.
“It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from.
The ability to triumph begins with you.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
Do not put an age limit on your dreams. It’s not too late and it’s not too early. Answer these questions: How do you see yourself? Who are you?
You were known about before you were born. Be who you were created to be. We are waiting on you; the world is waiting on you. Most people leave this earth with big dreams and ideas that would have changed their life and the whole world.
So how do you make those dreams a reality? I am going to tell you how.
1) Take one step at a time. There is no time for standing still. Don’t sit down and wait for everything to be right and perfect before you make a move, because the perfect time may never come. You may want to pray and ask God when and how to move. Do something each day to move toward your dream. For example, if you are planning to go to college, do some research, start looking for scholarships, visit some colleges, talk to some people who have gone to college. Start saving money toward your college tuition and living expenses. If possible, get a part time job.
2) Don’t be afraid of failure. We all have experienced some type of failure. The only time you will be tagged a failure is when you fall and you remain on the floor or you don’t get back up and get back in the game. Learn from your mistakes and push yourself beyond limits to become a great success.
3) Stay positive. Being negative is like poison and it will destroy and eat up your dreams if you are not careful. Don’t let negative words spoken against you flood your mind with defeat. Instead flood your mind with positive thinking. Watch what you read, see, and do. Listen to positive CDs, reading good books that will help make your dreams a reality.
4) Persevere – Hard work and commitment are keys to success. Don’t quit! Give it your best everyday even when it doesn’t feel good. The darker the night, the closer it is to day.
5) Be hungry – When you are hungry you will do what you need to do to get some food. You can’t force a person who is not hungry to eat. You have to hunger for greatness.
6) Watch your associations – Watch out for dream killers! If your friends do not believe in what you want to do or they don’t desire to be great, they may be able to influence you negatively. Surround yourself with positive-minded people. You don’t need many friends; you just need the right friends.
Remember, you are special. You have special gifts, talents, skills, and abilities inside of you. Give the gifts God gave you back to Him and do what YOU are supposed to do.
Remember, the world is waiting on you!
Lisa Stillwell Founder/Executive Director Lisa Stillwell’s relentless dedication to building students’ skills, talents, and character continues to make a difference as she continues her purpose journey. Lisa is a graduate of Grambling State University and the University of Washington and is a marketing educator in the Houston area. She believes that teaching is a calling …